Best of News Design Scandinavia Competition Print and Digital will be held February 26th to March 1th 2018 in Denmark.
The competition is for work published in 2017. Categories remain unchanged from previous years, with minor updates to reflect the news of 2017.
But there is a major change to the competition format aimed at alleviating one of the most significant barriers to entering the print-competition – entries may now be submitted either as tear sheets or printouts.
Entries will still be judged in person, on tables, as in the previous years, but outlets may choose which format to submit.
Deadline for entries is February 5th.
Entry forms, payment forms and other forms will be accessible at SNDS.org January 1th 2018
The guidelines for submitting printed replicas of work are below.
• Printouts must be unmounted, and in the case of multi-page entries, taped together and assembled accordion-style. (They will be judged next to tear sheets assembled this way, after all)
• Printouts must be at a size that is at least 75 percent of the size the entry ran.
• Printouts must be unmounted
• Printouts must run in the color state (CMYK or black-and-white) that the entry printed.
• Publications entering printouts should keep PDFs of their entries available through April, in case they are needed by the competition for documentation purposes.
Tear sheets are accepted in the same manner as in previous years. Outlets wishing to enter the work exactly as it printed remain encouraged to do so.
The deadline for entries in the competition are February 5th 2018
Best of luck this year.
Chairman, Competition Committee.